Tourists take in stunning view of Canadian Rockies as controversial new Glacier Skywalk opens in Jasper

Against her better judgment, Chris Gitelson follows her childhood friend, Aileen Sesso, onto the glass floor of the Glacier Skywalk and sits down.
They’re 280 metres above the Sunwapta Valley, a canyon with the Sunwapta River running through it, on opening day for the skywalk, a controversial development in Jasper National Park.
I can’t stay here. I can’t. I can’t believe I’m sitting out here
“I love it,” said Ms. Sesso. “I have a keen sense of adventure, so this is not scary for me.”
Ms. Gitelson isn’t so sure.
“I haven’t really looked down yet,” she said. “Oh, my God. Oh, I can’t stay here. I can’t. I can’t believe I’m sitting out here. You made me do this.”

Ms. Sesso, who has been friends with Ms. Gitelson since they were Grade 1 classmates in Brooklyn, N.Y., laughs.
“You don’t even want to know the things I made her do when we were kids,” said Ms. Sesso, as the pair embarks on their latest adventure in the Canadian Rockies with their husbands.


0 commentaires: